Birmingham, Birmingham, West Midlands, UK
We are SCC – Europe’s largest independent IT infrastructure and Solutions business. As Managed Services Provider of the year 2015, we are the leading strategic partner to all major technology vendors and , with over 5,000 employees across Europe, we support in excess of 5 million users across more than 2500 customers in 50 countries.
Demand for our Cloud Delivered Managed Services continues to grow creating an exciting career opportunity for a talented Third Line Support Engineer to provide management and architectural design and guidance for our Data Centre Infrastructure platforms including support , transition and project led work .
Duties will include :
* Large scale deployments of enterprise and datacentre technologies .
* Supporting enterprise level customers .
* Operating , implementing and supporting firewall and load balancer technologies .
* Assisting in the design of networking solutions mainly using Cisco technologies .
* Troubleshooting complex , technical multi site and multi disciplined major incidents and problems to restore business as usual .
* Auditing and understanding our customers’ networking environment in order to provide recommendations in line with business requirements and industry best practice .
The person :
* Good experience gained working in an IT 3rd Line Support role
* Knowledge of Server , Networking technologies
* Experience in design of infrastructure solutions .
* Excellent customer interaction skills .
* A self starter – able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision .