Birmingham, Birmingham, West Midlands, UK
We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres . We provide essential and mission critical data centre services and solutions to commercial organisations and public sector bodies nationwide .
Due to continued and growing demand for our Cloud Delivered Managed Services we now have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced , proactive and dynamic IT professional looking to further their career with a technology advanced and customer focused company where innovation , commitment and dedication is both recognised and rewarded .
in all SCC Business Operations .
Job purpose :
To lead and manage a team of technical subject matter experts in order to maintain our customers’ data centre services and infrastructures ; ensuring full business continuity and speedy restoration of service following any service interruption .
The role :
* To manage and develop a team of technical subject matter experts .
* To instigate , develop and maintain proactive monitoring of customers’ IT infrastructure – both on and off premise – to pre-empt any perceived service degradation .
* To supervise and manage proactive trend analysis .
* To instigate and develop initiatives to ensure service sustainability
* Risk identification and analysis to mitigate customer escalations
* To work closely with critical incident management teams and technical teams in the event of service outages to restore service within the contracted service level agreement .
* To work with customers , service delivery managers and vendor partners /3rd suppliers to advance the attainment of service delivery best practice .
* To strive for continuous service improvement at all times .
* To be the point of escalation for both internal and external stakeholders and be responsible for the effective delivery services to all data centre customers .
Skills and experience :
* Experience gained leading IT subject matter experts within an infrastructure data centre centric environment .
* Excellent communication skills – adept and confident at boardroom level and at detailed technical discussions .
* Pioneering attitude to use technology innovation to solve business issues .
* Confident and strong personality to instil confidence and trust .
* Commercially astuteness with good knowledge of IT and the ability to convey technical information to both technical and non- technical audiences .
* Excellent stakeholder engagement experience .
* A pragmatic and determined attitude with the ability to achieve results and surpass customers’ expectations .
* Strong character to inspire colleagues and team members in the pursuance of IT operations best practice .
* IT knowledge of :
We offer an industry leading remuneration and benefits package ; unrivalled career prospects and the opportunity to work with the latest and most advanced technologies available .