PMD Recruitment Solutions
Systems Safety Assurance Engineer – Birmingham
£50-55,000 plus package
My client is a multi-disciplinary solutions business that provides a full range of services from consultancy, design and engineering to installation and onsite project management. They have extensive engineering capabilities, a substantial portfolio of projects and a leading capability in delivering innovative solutions.
They are immediately looking for a Systems Safety Assurance Engineer to work within the Systems Safety & Assurance Team to ensure and promote the effective Systems Safety throughout all of their Engineering & Infrastructure Projects and client projects.
* Working with Projects to ensure compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, the Common Safety Method 2012 and the Railway Interoperability Regulations through active monitoring and audit
* Deliver system safety related training packages both internal and external to the company
* Undertaking regular monitoring and inspection of company projects to report on levels of compliance and identify lessons learned and opportunities for improvement
* Providing input to Projects focus groups including Technical Board, Safe by Design
* Promote effective Design Risk Management and System Safety throughout the company
* Facilitation of Hazard Identification, Hazard Review and other risk workshops
* Provide assistance to the company with regards business development and continual improvement through collaboratively working with other disciplines to enhance their Projects’ service delivery and processes
* Provide Advice and Management on issues involving CDM, CSM* and Interoperability* as well as other regulatory requirements relating to their Projects portfolio of works (multi-sector construction)
* Promote Safe by Design amongst the company and projects
* To secure repeat business through proactive Client management
* To win work by assisting proposals with the technical input into bids/estimates and proposal
* Provide support to the System Safety Assurance Manager
* Knowledge in Risk Assessment process and techniques
* Competent in the management and implementation of System Safety within the Rail industry
* Able to manage and plan your own workload effectively
* Able to audit and inspect internal projects and processes
* Ideally membership of or working towards membership of a relevant professional institution e.g., IOSH, ICE, APS
* Good knowledge of engineering design and construction principles and standards
* Experience of general construction activities and methods
* Competent understanding of Common Safety Method and the Railway Interoperability Regulations and how it is applied in a Rail environment with respect to design and compliance. (Preferred)
* Experience working with Assessment Body, Notified Body and Designated Body
* Good knowledge of CDM, its application and its principles
* Good knowledge of engineering design standards for the UK Rail Network and British and European Standards
If you would like any more information and would like to discuss further please don’t hesitate in contacting James Dawson – Director – on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed)
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.