I am currently working with a successful global technology powerhouse specialising in rail, road and logistics both nationally and internationally who are looking to hire a Specilaist Telecoms Engineer for Station Information & Security Systems (SISS)
The head office is based in Leicestershire, however the client is flexible on candidate locations as the role can be run out of a number of offices including Manchester, York, Birmingham or London.
To be suitable for the position we are seeking candidates with
* Ideally held the role of Principal Engineer or have acted as a Senior Engineer for 3-5 years and looking to step up
* Proven experience in CRE role for delivery of SISS projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environments.
* Proven success leading and motivating a team of SISS engineers for effective design and delivery of SISS systems.
* Experience Delivering CCTV, PA, PA/VA, CIS, INFORMATION SCREENS, PID’S, PUBLIC DISPLAY, PABX, DISPLAY SCREENS, HELP POINTS etc.
* Proven experience of integrating third party sub-systems into complete solutions.
* Strong knowledge of BS7671 wiring regulations.
* Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
* Full UK Driving licence.
* Hold a Degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
Desirable but not essential
* Have Proven experience ina CEM role for delivery of SISS projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environments.
* Ideally hold an IRSE License in a relevant category (e.g. SISS Design or Project Engineer categories)
* Have experience working with similar companies eg previous employers – Optilan, Delatim, HCOMM, Motion Rail, Amey, WSP, Motts, Siemens, Atkins, Sella controls , Thales, Linbrooke, Arup etc.
* Hold Chartered Engineer or equivalent status
This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a passion to lead Station Information and Security Systems (SISS) design across multiple projects by creating and delivering technical solutions within agreed timescales and budgeted costs, and is responsible for the projects’ contribution to overall business performance. The individuals general and specialist knowledge and understanding will be utilised to optimise the selection and application of appropriate technologies (existing or novel) and deliver those solutions using industry best practices.
The Specialist Engineer, SISS leads in the selection, configuration and deployment of Station Information and Security Systems. These solutions will typically comprise PA, CCTV, CIS and Help Point sub-systems, monitored and controlled via a common master station to form a complete, single integrated system. Delivery will include leadership of assigned project teams to innovatively deliver customer expectations through best value engineering.
Get in touch for further information and to apply.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.