Birmingham, , United Kingdom
Our client is a Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy with 7,000 staff operating from 100 offices in 35 countries. The
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer to deliver and manage consultancy services to our current clients, on both UK based and overseas opportunities. This is a stimulating opportunity to work within a vibrant and experienced team, where you will have early responsibility and the chance to work with a prestigious group of clients.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive experience of a range of projects from Industrial and commercial clients. Project responsibility will be varied from inception of defining clients design brief’s to inspection/auditing, specification, design, and management of mechanical building services. You should be able to demonstrate flexibility, dynamism and the ability to assist in the development of our growing team are imperative qualities to ensure our M&E group continues to thrive.
The role will be based in Birmingham; however you will need to be flexible and able to work elsewhere in the UK and may require overseas travel for short periods as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide expertise on a broad range of engineering projects with a detailed knowledge RIBA plan of work.
• Co-ordinate / mentor junior team members.
• Assist in the identification of new and relevant opportunities and development towards winning new work.
• Develop and implement concepts
• Proven experience in co-ordination of mechanical and electrical systems in the built environment.
• Share knowledge and expertise.
• Undertake inspections and production of condition survey reports, feasibility studies and concept definition reports.
• Prepare design calculations, drawings, studies, specifications and reports.
• Assist in project control and site supervision as required.
• Plan, organise and manage work packages or projects.
• Comply with company’s standards and Quality Management System.
• Ensure that all projects are undertaken in full accordance with corporate QMS procedures and that financial monitoring and control measures are implemented accordingly.
• Attend progress, design team and co-ordinator meetings & represent the practice in a professional and ethical manner at all times, taking the lead role where necessary.
• Handle queries and giving sound advice both internally and to clients
• Undertake assignments effectively to achieve technically sound, timely and cost effective results.
• Contribute to the production of fee proposals and pre-qualification documents, particularly relate to mechanical design content.
• Required to work with international or foreign national standards including developing a sound understanding to enable implementation (eg ISO, NFPA, NEC or similar).
• Good project management skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Team Player
• Independent thinker
• Good organiser
Qualifications and Experience:
• BEng (Hons) or MEng in Mechanical/Building Services Engineering (or equivalent level qualification)
• Achieved or capable of achieving Chartered Status
• Extensive post graduate experience
• Experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Energy from Waste
• Knowledge and practical experience of:
o NBS (Engineering Services)
o Application of key M&E EU legislation
Fundamental understanding and working knowledge of technical disciplines and the relevant current and draft standards and codes of practice including statutory legislation (eg CDM).
• Experience in development concepts of:
o Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Systems ( HVAC)
o Local Extract Ventilation Systems ( LEV)
o Low Temperature/Pressure Hot Water Systems( LTHW/LPHW)
o Chilled / Colling Water Systems
o VRV/VRF-Refrigerant based Heating/Cooling solutions.
o Domestic Hot & Cold Water Systems
o Above Ground Drainage Systems
o Natural Gas
Preferable but not essential
• Industrial gases (Compressed Air etc).
• Fire Protection Systems
• Building Management Systems