A Senior Level Asset Management professional with experience managing change is required to work for the organsiation responsibel for building and operating the UK’s High Speed Rail Network. This is a senior level role to ensure HS2 as an organisation is ready to turn from a project organisation into the end state operational railway with all the principles, processes and systems in place to ensure this happens. In particular this person needs to be adept at change management to ensure culturally the organisation are also ready for this behavioural change, so someone who can win over ‘Heart & Minds’ is key.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Planning & Asset Management you will have accountability to safely lead, and direct the development of Asset Management principles, processes and systems required to deliver “the end state” and successful change manage & transition the business from a project to a state of operational readiness. Delivery of the Asset Management System – Target Operating Model (TOM), Infrastructure Management Policy and Strategy (SAMP), Asset Information Management System (AIMS) and Operational Requirement and Advisory Computational System (ORAC).
The post holder will be responsible for creating the end state Asset Management System – Target Operating Model that will interact with a majority of HS2 departments – this is the key body of work which explains how the operational railway will operate and work and with a direct impact on influencing the Operational ability to deliver the HS2 Business Objectives.
In addition the role with Deputise for the Head of Asset Management and Strategic Planning to deliver the Asset Management framework.
The Successful Individual
The successful Candidate will have to demonstrate the following key points:
Asset Management professional/practitioner working on large asset intensive industries and alongside formal asset management standards (ISO 55000) will be adept at Digital forms of asset management ISO 19650 (PAS 1192) – BIM, digital twin, digital asset lifecycle management.
Change Management – must have change management experience – especially behavioural /cultural change within an organisation.
Worked within complex organisation environment – matrix
Strong Project Management Skills – track record of delivery
Understandings and management of Risk (commercial minded)
Leaderships skills – callable / experience managing third party consultancy teams
System Interface issues – apply engineering experience to resolve system interface issues between new and existing electronic and IT systems.
Due to the pandemic the role is initially based from home and then will be either London Euston or Birmingham based. Although flexible home working combined with the office is certainly on offer.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Accountable for leading and successfully project managing the implementation of the Asset Management System (TOM), Asset Information Management System (AIMS), and Operational Requirements & Advisory Computational System (ORAC) Systems through integrated delivery plans within agreed timelines, specifically tracking critical path milestones, key deliverables and inter-dependencies, so that the project objectives are delivered, on time and to the agreed budget;
* Accountable for the successful development and implementation of a business wide change program to move the HS2 business from a project to end state Operations, based on the needs of the customer, including any change required to integrate the present Asset Management System (TOM), DATB new AIMS and ORAC systems with other HS2 business and technical systems;
* Support the development of the Infrastructure Management Framework and delivery of the end state business, acting as a deputy to the Head of Strategic Planning and Asset Management;
* Accountable to manage and minimise risk, so that the project third parties / vendors maintain progress to critical path in order to minimise a potential cost and programme over-run. Implement a flawless execution of project, by closely managing risk through the adoption of governance and stewardship processes and innovative thinking while complying with HS2 procedures to resolve issues. Create and maintains disaster recovery, back-up procedures and plans at-all-times, to ensure the project will not impact on the main HS2 project timeline;
* Accountable for leading, managing, procuring and directing each third party / vendor organisation so that each project is delivered on time and to budget, while ensuring key stakeholders are engaged, informed and support the projects objectives at all times through each stage of the project to completion;
* Effective planning and co-ordination of internal resources to maintain and optimise each project to timetable (i.e. Internal and external resource planning, consultant and specialist resources);
* Responsible for the integration of this programme’s objectives and timelines with other HS2 programmes (ERP / IMS / IT / HS2 Business Improvement Programme) to minimise duplication and disruption to the HS2 Ltd business and its suppliers in all phases of this project;
* Accountable for the governance and delivery of the project in compliance with HS2 Ltd Policies, Strategies, European and UK Standards (specifically ISO55000 / ISO19650 (PAS1192));
* Governance of the projects by implementing a quality plan that includes regular audit of safety, quality and performance to demonstrate compliance. Ensure that a methodical approach is adopted to the creation and retention of relevant project documentation, which is referenced and managed to industry standards;
* Project Management skills and the ability to deliver IT, Asset Management and Asset Information projects;
* Ability to develop, influence and implement change management to deliver business transformation;
* Leadership, influencing and negotiation skills across different fields of expertise;
* Ability to engage with, influence, and manage internal and external stakeholders on challenging and contentious issues and subjects, while overcoming resistance to change;
* Time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to organise and deliver work to agreed deadlines, to cost at the defined quality requirements;
* Ability to create and develop technical and management competencies;
* Ability to produce and present documents and reports to a variety of audiences, including internal stakeholders at various levels in the organisation to ensure they are part of and buy into the overall Asset Management plan, are listened to and feel adequately engaged at all times; and
* Ability to identify and resolve blocking activities or barriers, finding solutions and remedial actions.
* Knowledge of project management tools and approaches (v model / Prince2) in accordance with the Association of Project Management (APM), PMI or Axelos;
* Understanding the field of Asset Management and practices in accordance with the Institute of Asset Management, ISO 55000 and 19650 (PAS 1192);
* Competent in change management and business transformation in accordance with the Change Management Institute;
* Comprehension of managing and implementing complex innovative Information Technology systems within business and organisations;
* Demonstrate knowledge within relevant engineering fields.
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Asset Management, Project Management
and / or Change Management fields of expertise.
Type of experience:
Facilitating, operating and resolving complex issues at various management levels within a business;
Asset Management System (TOM) development and evolution in a large and complex business environment;
Possess the ability to define, identify and implement an Asset Management System (TOM), creating a road map in line with business goals and objectives, having the clear accountability to deliver and improve over time the end state definition;
Project management and the delivery of an AIMS within a complex and tertiary business environment;
Implementation of changes within an organisation that embeds a new “to be” Asset Management System (TOM), being aware of and able to use the tools that resolve challenges and provide solutions to deliver the project and business transformation;
Apply Engineering experience to resolve system interface issues between new and existing electronic and IT systems;
A practitioner of Asset Management and Quality Management processes;
Managing project budgets within agreed stage gates with clear accountability to
Managing risk, identifying and implementing solutions in a complex professional environment;
Experience in managing project information and reporting, deploying a variety of tools and systems to achieve a highly professional project delivery
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.