CERT Solutions Ltd
Our client is a Primary school based in Edgbaston, Birmingham. They are looking for an experienced Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant who can support a student on a one to one basis. The role starts ASAP until the end of the academic year.
We are looking for a committed and hardworking teaching assistant. You will work closely with the specialist classroom teachers, providing directed support, care and supervision to children including those who have Autistic Spectrum Disorders and associated language, interaction, learning, communication difficulties and behavioural difficulties.
The aim of your support and guidance will be to enable the children to access the curriculum and to facilitate full inclusion into school life.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Quiet and encouraging manner with the ability to remain calm in difficult situations,
* Excellent verbal communication skills and an awareness of the importance of inclusion for children and young people with Special Education Needs.
* Clear DBS, ideally on the update service
* At least 1 years’ experience in a school setting
* The help develop pupils skills and behaviours either 1:1 or in small groups, in line with agreed Individual Learning Programmes and Behaviour Support Plans.
* To apply agreed strategies for supporting pupils with individual class teachers.
* To represent the specialist teacher while off the school premises e.g on educational visits.
* To escort/transport pupils to and from activities.
* Maths & English GCSE (A-C Passes)
* Familiarity with the National Curriculum at the relevant and appropriate Key Stage
* Knowledge of the features of Autism Spectrum Conditions, and language and communication needs.
To discuss this role further please call Richard on (phone number removed)
‘CERT Solutions are committed to safer recruitment, please note each successful candidate will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check with other safeguarding / compliance checks