Birmingham, West Midlands, , United Kingdom
UK Labour Limited
Our client is a multi-disciplined main contractor that has brought up on traditional values. The company delivers projects across a broad cross section of the construction industry with projects ranging in value from £100k to £15m. The client is looking to add a Permanent Project Manager to the team, initially to deliver a new build student accommodation:
– Ensuring HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to throughout.
– Leading and managing the project team to ensure consistent delivery of the project.
– Preparing comprehensive reports for monthly project reviews to demonstrate HS&E, quality, process, operational and commercial performance and ensure that the project team receive adequate challenge, support and guidance.
– Ensuring that the project team is adequately resourced, led and managed to achieve targets and maintain high levels of commitment & morale.
– Ensuring that all staff understand their roles, responsibilities & performance expectations and operate competently.
– Managing project set up and ensure it is adequately budgeted.
– Ensuring the early involvement of appropriate subcontractors in the project planning process; and ensure that all subcontract orders / warranties and professional appointments are placed in line with the Contract and programme..
– Ensuring that appropriate management systems and tools are used throughout the project team.
– Ensuring that the project team fully understand the design & specification requirements of their project; that subcontractors & suppliers are fully aware of these requirements and fulfil them; and that the Design Manager has been consulted about any potential issues.
Project Manager Experience required:
– Minimum 3 years No.1 Project Manager Experience.
– Leading Main Contractor experience.
– Previous residential tower project experience – Desirable.
– Strong Reporting / Paperwork / IT skills.
– SMSTS, First Aid, CSCS certified.
– Good client facing skills