Birmingham, , United Kingdom
£50,000 – £70,000 + Car or Allowance + Excellent Benefits + Bonus
Project Manager (Retail Fit-Out)
Based in the West Midlands, this company is one of the leading workplace design and fit-out companies with an extensive portfolio of blue chip clients across the UK.
Their Retail Fit-Out department provides a service to the business in winning delivering fit-out and refurbishment solutions. The Project Manager role is to strengthen the operations team and manage the implementation and delivery of projects on behalf of our clients. Projects vary from minor works up to a value of £15m.
The Project Manager will work in a team supporting projects in the Midlands:
* Setting up site activities.
* Managing Health & Safety on site.
* Ordering materials from suppliers and sub-contractors.
* The appointment of sub-contract labour.
* Record keeping during projects including progression of works.
* Preparations of a programme of work, Risk Assessments and Method Statement.
* Managing sub-contractor performance.
* Cost and implement contract variations.
* Ensure monthly billing is accurate and timely.
* Managing projects on site to ensure a professional implementation process and to deliver the anticipated margin.
* Liaise with local authorities.
* Liaison with client and other members of the project team to ensure timely progress
* Run client and sub-contractor progress meetings.
* On completion, arrange for handovers, post contract meetings, certification, operations manuals etc and the preparation of invoices.
* Track record of successful projects internally
* In-depth knowledge of the construction process including both new build and fit-out / refurbishment.
* Understands the pre-construction process.
* Can organise and manage the design phase of a project.
* Has a good political awareness.
* Able to collate information from his team to prepare and present the project report.
* Understanding of how to comply with a Health & Safety policy and Health & Safety management system.
In return this company is willing to offer a generous package circa £50 – £70k plus benefits including a fully expensed company car or allowance, bonus, health care, pension etc.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence