Engineering Delivery Solutions Ltd
Our client is a leading International provider of EPC services and OEM equipment to the Nuclear sector. They have 60+ years of international high-value, complex and safety critical project delivery expertise which they continue to apply to the most challenging projects in Nuclear Defence; New Build and Decommissioning & Waste Management; with offices in over 20 countries globally.
They’ve built a formidable reputation as one of very few fully-combined organisations capable of providing end-to-end multi-disciplinary engineering delivery and management; plus specialize in the design, manufacture, assembly, test, installation and commissioning of customized material handling, processing and storage solutions using their own in-house capability and resources.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and responsible company in a pivotal role with excellent scope for career progression. You will receive the autonomy and decision-making freedom to deliver your scope of work, supported by a dedicated and ambitious senior business leadership team. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, you will have the advantages of a professional environment and equal opportunities employer that supports your career development and recognizes your achievements and embraces Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of their organisation.
The Project Controls Engineer will own the project delivery schedule for one or more nuclear energy and defence projects on behalf of the Portfolio/ Project Manager. You will work closely with the project team to accurately report schedule progress and associated metrics – Critically you will ensure Baseline and Forecast data; logic, duration and critical path; Earned Value (EV) & resources reflect realistic delivery outcomes and, wherever possible, achieve the customers’ required completion dates.
The role will ensure consistent planning approaches are applied within an area of the business (Programme, portfolio or division) and support operational leaders with higher level planning activities.
This position reports functionally to the Head of PMO; but also takes direction operationally on a day-to-day basis from the Portfolio/Project Manager(s) responsible for a number of projects/clients.
* Work closely with Portfolio Managers on high level planning tasks, integrating various individual project schedules.
* Closely support Project Services Leads and Head of Project Services with planning related tasks and initiatives (e.g. assist in the creation of standardised rules of credit).
* Oversee maintenance of P6 EPS within an area of the business (Programme, portfolio or division) ensuring appropriate house-keeping of previous baseline and live schedule copies.
* Establishment of project schedule, resources and budgets to agreed estimates and timescales.
* Maintain and implement (where necessary) planning standards within the business.
* Management and supervision of planners and comfortable ability to lead a small team if required.
* Maintain and ensure EPS structure is inline with expectations.
* Obtain feedback and input from budget holders.
* Completion of schedule updates on a weekly basis.
* Analysis of project resource: Demands versus availability.
* Assess man-hours and associated costs, purchasing costs and expense costs on a weekly basis.
* Assessment of committed and actual purchase costs/forecasts.
* Production of timely and accurate internal reports/schedules (eg: From planning software).
* Comparisons and performance measurement against previous forecasts (including Week-to-Week comparisons).
Knowledge, Technical Skills & Qualifications
* Strong understanding of all project controls (including Cost Engineering, Change Control, Earned value Analysis and Risk Management) and excellent knowledge of project scheduling, resourcing and costing.
* Extensive experience in using Primavera P6 software (essential). Experience with Primavera Risk or similar risk analysis software (desirable).
* Good understanding of project management principles and processes.
* Excellent IT and Data manipulation (numeric & analytical) skills particularly within MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access.
* Minimum HNC/HND in engineering or similar. (Graduate level qualification – preferred).
* Previous experience working within the Nuclear Industry (desirable).
Professional/Personal Skills & Behaviours
* Excellent communication and presentation skills – oral and written. Ability to chair multi-disciplinary team meetings to assess progress/forecasts.
* Customer Focus – Works co-operatively with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) in order to meet and exceed their expectations.
* Collaboration & Knowledge Sharing – Seeks to create collective success through teamwork, knowledge sharing and mutual support.
* Delivery & Results Focussed – Plans what needs to be delivered and then focuses on delivering the solution.
* Teambuilding – Brings together the right people, in the right place at the right time to deliver business objectives.
* Embraces Change – Ability to respond positively to individual or organisational change.
* Integrity and Professionalism – Demonstrate trust and act with integrity in day-to-day working.
* Accountability – Sets clear performance objectives for self and others, monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to ensure delivery.
* Global Approach – Has a flexible approach to different situations, promoting information flow and integration with all corporate units. Works in international environments through adaption and cross- cultural management and integration.
* People Development – Empower and allow people to develop themselves within their own professional job family and within a multi-disciplinary environment. Identifying learning needs and formulating consistent development plans.
Applicants must speak good/fluent English and be cleared to work in the UK
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.