Birmingham, , United Kingdom
Our client a Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy with 7,000 staff operating from 100 offices in 35 countries.
They currently have an exciting vacancy for a Principal Electrical Building Services Engineer to join the Birmingham based team. You will deliver and manage consultancy services to our current clients. This is a stimulating opportunity to work within a vibrant and experienced team, where you will have early responsibility and the chance to work with a prestigious group of clients.
You will have extensive experience of a range of projects from industrial and commercial clients. Project responsibility will be varied from inception of defining clients design brief’s to inspection/auditing, specification, design, and management of electrical equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide expertise on a broad range of engineering projects. Extensive detailed design experience to RIBA plan of work (formerly stages C-F1)
• Experience in design of:
o Internal General and Emergency Lighting Calculations
o External Lighting Calculations
o General LV power system design
o Containment Systems
o Fire Detection and Alarm Systems (Incl. Voice Alarm)
o Security Design
o Lightning Protection Systems
o Facilities to comply with Approved Document M.
• Fundamental understanding and working knowledge of technical disciplines and the relevant current and draft standards and codes of practice including statutory legislation (eg CDM).
• Innovative, able to develop and implement concepts
• Strong project management skills and the ability to manage and motivate a high performing design team.
• Proven experience in co-ordination of both Mechanical and Electrical systems in the Built Environment.
• Provide expertise and guidance to staff on electrical engineering projects in the Birmingham office, and within RHDHV generally.
• Co-ordinate / mentor junior team members.
• Undertake inspections and production of condition survey reports, feasibility studies and concept definition reports.
• Prepare design calculations, drawings, studies, specifications and reports.
• Be aware of client needs and focus on client satisfaction.
• Ensure that all projects are undertaken in full accordance with corporate QMS procedures and that financial monitoring and control measures are implemented accordingly.
• Attend progress, design team and co-ordinator meetings & represent the practice in a professional and ethical manner at all times, taking the lead role where necessary.
• Contribute to the production of fee proposals and pre-qualification documents, particularly relate to electrical design content.
The applicant should be in possession of a full UK driver’s license and a current passport.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• BEng (Hons) or MEng in Building Services / Electrical Engineering
• Working towards or achieved Chartered Status (correct academic status or years served)
• Extensive post education experience.
• Experience in four or more of the following areas:
o Industrial Buildings
o Mission Critical Facilities
o Food and Beverage
o Ports or Maritime
o Facilities Management Orgs
o Design / Consultancy
• Knowledge and practical experience of:
o Electrical Calculation Software
Lighting Reality (Desirable)
NBS (Engineering Services)
o Application of key M&E EU legislation