Birmingham, Birmingham, West Midlands, UK
£55-70k + Car + Package
Our client is a well-known Regional Main Contractor with a strong presence in the UK Construction Industry. This family-owned contractor has been established since the 1980’s and have grown from nothing to a £150m turnover business in that period of time. The past 12 months has seen the company grow by a third.
They provide new-build and refurbishment services to a list of blue-chip clients across the midlands and their schemes range in value from £5-30m, with schemes averaging around the £15m mark. Their projects vary in market sector and include: Education, Healthcare, Sports & leisure, commercial & heritage.
The company’s reputation has been reinforced with a string awards that they have recently been given – these include: Construction news contractor of the year, LABC best public building award and the Construction excellence award.
The successful candidate will have a strong ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst being able to adapt and deal with changing requirements. Previous experience in a similar role is essential and an exposure to a variety of sectors would be favoured.
The main purpose of this role is to have responsibility for preparing and planning, for both tender submissions and contracts, both new build and /or refurbishment works in accordance with Company policy, procedures and quality standards. Your main areas of responsibility can be broken down into the following four areas.
* To ensure plans are delivered in a manner which enhances and maintains the company’s name and reputation for quality
* To ensure that the procedures identified in both the health and safety policy and quality manual are fully implemented.
* To ensure the completion of plans within programmed time and that client expectations are met
* To ensure profitable execution of work
* To represent the company in dealing with clients or their agents, external and internal customer’s and professional staff in a manner that enhances the company’s reputation