PDA Search & Selection
Job Title: Pest Control Technician (Field Based)
Location: Covering areas such as Birmingham, Coventry and Leicester
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Benefits: Company Vehicle, company pension scheme, BUPA (single cover), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Hours: 40 hours a week – Monday to Friday
Our client is a national Facilities Management company and due to a major new contract win with a highly respected national Blue-Chip retailer our client is looking to recruit a Pest Control Field Support Technician.
For this role our client is looking to recruit an experienced Support Technician to look provide practical & technical pest control services to a number of retail stores within the Midlands area.
Control all pest species covered under our contract, the specification and by thorough inspection, identify any environmental conditions conducive to any pest activity whether covered by the contract or not.
Undertake various proofing works, manage large proofing projects, and undertake detailed audits on request. This requires visiting stores, depots and outlet sites at the agreed intervals governed by the Specification Service Delivery.
All works and inspections must be carried out in a safe and professional manner with due regard to Health and Safety and Hygiene rules. This would involve providing an effective service to all sites to effectively communicate observations verbally as well as in writing via the reports.
* Take “ownership” of other pest related issues, i.e. cleaning / proofing, to resolve ongoing problems
* Formulate detailed reports on any red stores escalating issues to the City Operations Managers and National Technical Inspection Manager
* Complete Quality Review visits (QR’s) to ensure standards are being met within stores and depots and that all necessary paperwork and detailed reports are completed accurately and all Pest Control Folders are presentable and current.
* Use only approved pesticides in a safe and responsible manner as specified under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
* To identify infestation non-repairable faults in plant and machinery
* To carry out proofing works and installations within the individual’s technical competence in accordance with current specifications.
* To complete general pest proofing and maintenance to the individual stores.
* To oversee and manage any pest proofing works that are requiring a sub-contractor to implement and install.
* Carry out by Pest Proofing and prevent and/or control pest infestation at allocated Stores and Distribution centres.
* Complete reports and communicate on a daily basis with store colleagues and National Technical Inspection Manager.
* To advise the SM of any pest activity and how this may be detrimental to the smooth running of the store.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Field Biologist Qualified
* Royal Society of Health Cert in Pest Control or British Pest Control Association Diploma’s Part 1 and 2.
* Royal Society of Health Cert in Pest Control or British Pest Control Association Diploma’s Level 3 (desirable)
* Bird proofing work is desirable.
* Fumigation services is desirable.
* General building / fabrication skills is desirable.
* Experience in retail, leisure or FM sector is desirable.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
This is an immediate vacancy.
To apply for this role please submit your full and up to date CV to Daniel Murphy at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.