Birmingham, , United Kingdom
Job Type: Permanent
We have a new exciting opportunity for a Data Centre Services Network Engineer within our ever expanding business. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work within Europe’s largest privately owned IT group.
As a company with a rich track record of delivering flexible and cost effective managed services, working with both private and public sector clients, this position is suited to an already successful consultant who wants to be part of a vibrant and progressive business.
Are you looking for a secure and stable career with longevity, recognition and opportunity? As Europe’s leading privately owned technology solutions provider, we can offer you exactly that. Our people are passionate, focused, driven, determined, flexible and motivated and are richly rewarded for their commitment. If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then we look forward to meeting you.
To be immersed in the network support team, supporting a wide range of customers on a very broad range of networking technologies.
As this is a support position, the work is fast paced and you will often be required to work to demanding deadlines.
This role is based in the Data Centre providing Switching and Firewall support to a number of customers.
• Advanced trouble shooting of customers environments
• Performance monitoring
• Maintenance upgrades
• Firewall configuration and administration
• Switch configuration
• Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator
• We are looking for proven network management skills
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Switching (Cisco, HP and Extreme)
• Cisco certifications, CCNA, CCNP
• Cisco routing and switching skills and knowledge
• Client network and firewall solutions
• Good working knowledge and experience in a Cisco environment
• Knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls
• Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting skills, Intruder Detection systems, LAN & WAN, Routing Protocols for e.g. OSPF