We are looking for maintenance fitters to work together alongside existing mechanical fitters on a wide range of mechanical equipment from drive systems, hydraulics, filters, gearboxes, pumps, conveyors and augers through to pipework, storage tanks, pivoting linkages, structural steelwork and minor civils.
Each role will be one half of a 2-man team covering the Midlands, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Worcestershire, and Gloucestershire. Experienced teams or individuals working in the Utility sector preferred and ideally living in the regions stated.
Travelling to and from customer sites throughout these areas in one of our fully equipped, fully liveried company vehicles and requires each successful candidate to hold a full UK driving licence.
The successful applicants would carry out an inhouse training programme (Introduction/product knowledge) prior to going on site.
* Mechanical tool dexterity imperative
* Working within pre-approved RAMS, all aspects of new equipment installation,
* Removal of equipment from site to be returned to Manchester workshops for overhaul.
* Ability to work within confined spaces, working at heights as and when the work requires.
* Diagnosis of faults and problems on customer sites, developing repair strategies in line with emergency response scenarios,
* Assisting in Identifying faults, servicing and repairing a wide range of plant and machinery, predominantly focusing on clean water and wastewater processing plant equipment.
* As a mobile representative of the company full compliance with all company, and customer, and health and safety legislation is mandatory.
The ideal candidate should have a background in mechanical / site fitting (preferably skilled), self-motivated and keen to get things done, strong communication skills and computer literate. This role will involve a teamwork approach and experience of the site works in a similar role will be a distinct advantage.
Fitters who are keen to learn new skills and possess some customer-facing experience, who may lack the specific industry knowledge we require, will still be considered as full training is available to the right candidate.
In return for your skills the company offer an excellent package that includes;
* Competitive salary depending on experience
* 39 hours per week + overtime when required
* Pension Scheme
* In-house training where necessary
* On occasion and overnight stay may be applicable to cover works that are further away. (This will include allowance and additional pay for overnight stays)
* Work or a knowledge of industrial pumps gearboxes would be beneficial
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.