Birmingham, Birmingham, West Midlands, UK
£35k basic + Package
I am currently working with an award winning developer seeking a Buyer to join their growing commercial team.
The client have gained a reputation as one of the best developers in the region, running some of the most prestigious developments in the area, allowing them to grow their business with a future 4 years’ worth of land available as and when.
The role will require the Buyer to join a team responsible for £20million worth of materials per annum, and will be an ideal role for someone with a few years of experience either with a main Developer/Contractor or a Specialist Contractor with a working knowledge of timber purchase as this will be used for the joists, roofs etc.
Typical duties would include:
* Providing prices for all materials included in project plans and drawings;
* Identifying potential suppliers and new products;
* Contacting a range of suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain quotations and agree delivery times
* Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
* Ensuring compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services
* Providing advice to the project estimator on the predicted cost of individual items
* Liaising closely with the estimator at the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided
* Preparing and maintaining cost reports in order to maximise efficiency within the business
* Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms possible with suppliers once a contract has been secured.
* 3+ years experience in a Buyer position
* Ideally a knowledge of Timber
* Main Developer/Contractor background
* Track record of successful negotiating
If you feel you would be suitable for this role please contact Luke Fleming on (Apply online only) or email me your CV