Contek Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Contek are working with a well known Manufacturer of specialist parts based in Birmingham who are looking for a Machine Shop Manager to join their expanding team.
This Role offers a position in a growing market leading company where you can make a difference to the direction and performance of the business. It is ideal if you thrive on a challenge and want to be part of a forward thinking team.
To take responsibility for and manage the day-to-day running of the Machine Shop ensuring an efficient and effective operation:
* Lead, motivate and develop a team of CNC Setters/programmers, operators, and support staff.
* Implement, revise, and maintain machine shop daily/weekly production schedules.
* Implement, revise, and maintain machine shop maintenance schedules.
* Manage shop floor consumable stock and help introduce new and improved stock control processes.
* Maintain and monitor quality and standards in line with business requirements.
* Maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
* Adhere to and encourage health and safety methods and procedures.
* Liaising with and managing engineering staff to ensure that quotes are accurate and that they reflect machine run times.
* Contribute to production and management meetings to develop the machine shop and its production capabilities to keep them at the forefront of relevant technologies.
* Directly reporting to the Works Manager with weekly updates in relation to machine shop & staff performance against KPI’s.
* Previous leadership experience in similar manufacturing role (ideally history of setting/programming/engineering capabilities).
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
* Proven experience in implementing Lean and Six Sigma based improvements in processes.
* Experience developing and using data to produce relevant KPI’s.
* PC Literate, including use of excel with the ability to follow documented procedures.
* Commitment to achieving deadlines.
* Experience in implementing and making use of machine data such as OEE.
* Experience in using ERP systems. (SAP Business One is package used on site)
* Experience using CAD/CAM and/or 3D Modelling software. (Autodesk Inventor primary package used on site)
* Supervise and coordinate activity in a machine shop, and make sure operations are carried out efficiently and safely.
* You will be a key contact in the business and will be, along with the Works Manager, responsible for the recruitment for your team, staff workload, holidays, attendance & overtime.
* Provide regular feedback to employees, carry out performance reviews and ensure all training and skills are up to date.
* Develop desire in team to adopt continuous improvement mindset.
* CNC Citizen, Traub, Mazak, XYZ Turning lathes. (all bar fed)
* CNC XYZ Milling machines (3rd & 4th axis)
* Hand and hydraulic presses, drillers, tappers, manual capstan lathes etc.
This is a dayshift role – Mon-Thurs – 7:30-4:30pm, Fri – 7:30-12:30pm
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.