St John’s School and College
Do you want to build, or build upon a career in special education? Come and join our diverse, evolving organization as a Learning Support Worker. Immerse yourself into our culture of empowering our young people at every given chance, supporting them in their education and preparing them for the world around us.
Our Ideal Learning Support Worker would be:
* Emotionally resilient
* Adaptable to any different situation
We would expect you to share our values and attitude.
If you believe you have the skills it takes to join our organisation and share our attitude and values on special education, please get in touch.
Some of the activities you would undertake:
* undertaking routine tasks such as the organization of resources, furniture and equipment;
* supporting individual learners or groups of learners under the direction and oversight of the session leader or other staff;
* supporting learners behaviour during sessions;
* supervising individual learners or groups of learners during break times
* supervising individual learners or groups of learners when off site – this may include supporting a learner’s programme when at another local college, on recreational trips, in the community or when undertaking work experience.
* undertake duties relating to the medical care of learners that supports a learner’s attendance as directed by Medical/Therapy staff;
* track the progress of individual learners and report progress to the tutor, Assistant Director of Learning/Director of Integrated Services and parents at review meetings;
For a full job description, please contact us directly.
St. John’s is committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people, vulnerable adults and children.
Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance.
We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.