Kedleston Group Ltd
Lead English Teacher – ASC Specialist
Arc Oakbridge School is specifically designed to be a low arousal, calm and nurturing environment in which young people with autism can learn and grow. Our students all have a diagnosis of autism; are all verbal and, also have additional and complex needs, therefore experience in this area is essential. Due to the model of curriculum both primary and secondary specialist applications are welcome.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
* Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable autistic young people to learn
* Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
* Manage a staff team of teachers and LSAs
* Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
* Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
* Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
* Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
* Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the School handbook
* Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
* Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
Person Specification (Essential)
* Proven ability that you are an excellent teacher with a lively and effective classroom teaching style, which engages and motivates young people
* Previous managerial experience
* Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASC
* A commitment to engaging young people, with a willingness to bring new ideas to the curriculum for both in and out of the classroom
* An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
* Experience of delivering English at KS3/4 (GCSE and functional skills).
Person Specification (Desirable)
* Familiar with frameworks for monitoring and assessment of social and communication skills for pupils with ASC
* Experience of working with pupils with sensory processing difficulties and creating programmes to enable these pupils to make progress
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.