We are delighted to have been approached by an OFSTED "Good" rated training organisation to assist them in finding an Construction IQA for the East Midlands. Based from their Derby office, you will responsible for IQA responsiblities within Construction Apprenticeships whilst also having a small caseload of your own learners for tutoring and assessment.
The successful individual will work alongside the Construction apprenticeship team to IQA, deliver and assess Apprenticeship learners of all ages, covering all aspect of the construction industry in the East Midlands. You will engage with employers to support learners through their training by reviewing and assessing their progress, ensuring they attend appropriate off the job training. Applicants should have a track record of high levels of coaching and mentoring.
– With the support of colleagues, carry out all IQA processes including planning sampling observation of assessment practice, standardisation / team meetings to meet Awarding Organisation / Access Training requirements.
– To organise all EQA visits and to maintain all associated records to meet AO requirements.
– To maintain own learner caseload ensuring that all EPA/AO/EQA requirements are met.
– Undertake monthly one-to-ones with the Construction Trainer Assessor and provide input to their annual appraisal.
– To ensure that all construction workshops / training rooms are adequately stocked at all times with the materials and equipment required for classroom / workshop-based delivery within the agreed budget.
– To design, plan, produce and deliver vocational skills sessions, using I.T. wherever necessary, to ensure all learners gain the necessary underpinning knowledge and practical skills required for their qualification/Apprenticeship. These will need to meet the needs of a variety of learners and a variety of resources will need to be used and kept up to date.
– To work with learners and their host organisation/employer to identify training needs and track and monitor learner progress.
– To ensure that employers and placement providers meet the required standards for training, safety, equality and safeguarding.
– To facilitate the necessary training for learners to achieve the relevant Apprenticeship Standard ensuring all learners are fully prepared for End Point Assessment and provide guidance, support and coaching.
– To review and record learners’ progress in the work place and off the job, discussing and setting targets with the learner, the employer and others included in the learning process. To ensure the learners’ progress is in line withthe other components of their Apprenticeship and learner journey.
– To provide cover where required to teach, guide and support 14-18 year old learners (some with special educational needs), to enable them to achieve recognised qualifications in Construction (classroom based).
– To complete the necessary paperwork to the standards required in our contractual obligations with the Education & Skills Funding Agency and other agencies. To keep accurate records of assessments, planning Internal Quality Assurance and other documentation required by awarding bodies.
– To work with learners in conjunction with the English, Maths & ICT Trainers towards the achievement of Maths, English and ICT.
– To utilise technology efficiently including use of Learning Assistant and effectively throughout the learner’s journey.
– To undertake duties for colleagues as and when appropriate.
– To challenge all practices and procedures within own role and throughout the organisation, to contribute to and ensure continuous improvement and quality.
– Ensure all aspects of Equality & Diversity within Construction qualifications / Apprenticeships are delivered and keep up to date by attending any training and updates of Construction legislation that are identified by the manager.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.cv-library.co.uk/job/213251149/Lead-Construction-IQA/apply?hlkw=Construction&s=101051&0→
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.