Birmingham, West Midlands, , United Kingdom
Red Rock Consultants Ltd
My client is a very successful Construction Contractor who offer a range of services including Interiors Fit Out & Refurbishments, External Refurbishments & more. They provide their services to a wide range of markets including commercial & Office, Healthcare & Leisure
They have a steady pipeline and are aiming to build on this, they are now in the market for an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to join their already very busy team to tender projects from £100k – £3Million.
• Reviewing contract documents, including bills of quantities and preliminaries.
• Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
• Advising on procurement strategy.
• Financial controlling accountability.
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
• Preparing and analysing tender returns.
• Providing advice on contractual claims.
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
• Re-measuring projects insuring they match with the Estimators bill of quantities.
• Overview of sub-contractor accounts.
• Managing valuation and sub-contractor invoicing.
• Needs to be aware of the different building contracts in current use.
• Performing risk and value management and cost control.
• Liaising with professional teams, especially quantity/building surveyors.
• Understanding and making sure health and safety regulations are adhered to.
• Ideally qualified chartered surveyor (RICS) or degree qualified.
• Demonstrate a solid track record of overseeing and delivering profitable commercial projects.
• Fit-out background from a main contractor or will consider someone with a Building Surveying background.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience.
• Ability to build relationships, internally and externally.
• Team Player/Flexible approach
• Proactive and accountable attitude
• Good communicator
• Strong business awareness
• Clean driving license