Birmingham, Birmingham, West Midlands, UK
Bespoke Civils Solutions Ltd
My client are one of the UKs leading contractors who operate in the Airport sector. They have an extensive workload involving the modernisation, maintenance and improvement of some of the UKs busiest airports. Due to expansion, they are now looking for an Infrastructure Maintenance Manager who is experienced in working on airports or military sites to join their team.
The package is a market leading basic salary plus pension, car, 25 days annual leave and health benefits. Ideally, applicants will be a Chartered Member of an Institution with a recognised University or College Degree in Construction, Civil Engineering or Project/Contract Management, however a candidate of exceptional practical experience will also be considered.
If successful your duties will include:
• Manage and control the assets, staff, labour force and equipment in the Contract Unit under your control to the greatest effect so as to ensure that the annual Budget is met each year. In the process ensure that the Monthly Profit & Loss, Key Performance Indicators management reports are accurate and consistent to meet the monthly targets set out in the Budget.
• Input to, develop and refine the Divisional strategy in conjunction with the Associate Director of Operations.
• Organise Contracts so that clearly defined objectives are attained though the effective use of assets, staff and operatives. Ensure all staff understand clearly and are properly monitored on, defined responsibilities for the execution, control and profitability of each Contract or parts of the Contract work being undertaken.
• Ensure that the tendered / budgeted profit margins are being achieved, positive action is taken to remedy any shortfalls and weekly accurate valuation / cost analysis / spot costings are drawn up for every contract or part of the project works.
• Ensure that each contract or part of the contract works is executed in a safe and efficient manner and that due care is taken to comply with all legislation relating to the health and safety.
• Work closely with the Associate Director of Operations and senior management to continuously identify strategically aligned commercial opportunities for winning new work in the defined geographic area.
Will also need to be experienced in the following areas:
• Managing P&L in a contracting environment.
• Knowledge of the Airport / Military and Infrastructure sectors and its key processes
• Previous experience in Contracts and business management posts and strategy development
• Personally managing a portfolio of projects over up to £15m
• Completing complex projects on time, to quality standards and achieving profit targets.
• Needs to have all round technical understanding of the activities for which he / she is involved, probably gained over many years’ experience
• Experience of finding positive solutions to complex problems
• Understanding and delivering stakeholder requirements
• Demonstrable track record of success in the work winning environment
• Strong commitment to Health & Safety, Business Improvement, Quality and Environmental principles
• Good knowledge of customer base for this sector and appropriate contacts with track record of expanding and developing clients
• Needs to understand all commercial aspects of the operations being controlled
For further details please call Andy Halliday on (Apply online only) or apply via this advert