Wilmington PLC are looking for an HR Assistant
Location: Birmingham – B24 9FD
Salary: £22k – £24k DOE
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
You are an experienced HR Assistant / HR administrator and you are looking for a challenging, extremely varied HR role in a friendly HR Shared Service Team.
You have worked in a HR Assistant/Administrator role in a professional capacity dealing expertly with core HR tasks relating to the full employee life cycle and providing first line HR support to managers and employees.
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we’ve grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio.
Here at Wilmington plc we provide information and training to professional business markets via a portfolio of well known professional service brands. Put simply, we enable professionals and their organisations to enhance performance by providing high quality, relevant and reliable information, education and knowledge.
Main Purpose of Role
As a member of our HR Shared Services team you will play an integral role in providing HR support to the business throughout the employee life cycle in an efficient and customer focused manner.
Working closely with the HR Business Partners, HR Advisors and Centres of Expertise you will act as the liaison between HR and the employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions, whilst continuously developing your knowledge and expertise.
Responsibilities include a wide range of global HR support activities and transactional processes, ensuring effective application of company policy, data integrity and compliance, these will include:
– Processing of all employee life cycle matters relating to Payroll and HR ensuring these are timely and accurate and in adherence to company procedures
– Providing a professional service and first line HR support for managers and employees in a timely manner
– Conducting HR induction as part of the onboarding process
– Supporting line managers during the probation process and conducting new joiner feedback interviews
– Conducting exit interviews with leavers
– Ensure documents and data are maintained in line with GDPR
– Attending disciplinary, performance, grievance and investigation meetings in the capacity of note taker, as required
– Supporting the team in delivering HR projects and initiatives, as required
– Contributing to continuous improvement of HR processes, documents and services
– Attending and taking an active role in HR meetings
– Continuously developing HR knowledge, understanding and application as well as commercial awareness and understanding
Skills and Experience Required
– Strong knowledge of core HR matters
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as is the ability to interact with employees at all levels
– Highly organised and structured with the ability to meet tight deadlines
– Exceptional attention to detail – right first-time approach
– Is able to apply high levels of common sense and logic to often delicate situations and therefore possess excellent listening and communication skills
– Have good IT skills, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
– The ability to get to grips with a variety of systems and databases
– Desirable systems and applications experience including HRevolution or a similar HR system, Access, LinkedIn and Visio
– Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
– The ability to work in a confidential manner and handle sensitive information discreetly and responsibly is a necessity.
– Should have the ability to align HR tasks to operational requirements
“We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity”
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.