An exciting opportunity to lead the People Solutions (PS) Team at the heart of HR. PS is a high performing team where traditional HR skills and experience are valued and augmented with consultancy skillsets to create a project-based professional service across the UK regions. The format is designed to encourage you to play to your strengths and provide you with the opportunity to manage and support the delivery of high quality strategic and calendar HR projects across the HR spectrum. HR generalist expertise with project management capability, delivering people and organisational goals.
A proven senior team leader with a broad generalist HR skill set combined with exceptional team, project and stakeholder management skills, the role involves:
• Leadership of the People Solutions team of c40 comprising Senior Managers, Managers and Consultants.
• Setting the strategic direction for the team in line with firmwide People and Purpose priorities and ensuring the team deliver to a high standard in support of the People and Purpose agenda through both cyclical and non-calendar HR projects.
• Project management and delivery of large firmwide projects associated with delivering the People and Purpose priorities including project management, resource management and stakeholder engagement.
• Programme management for HR – responsible for the set up and running of the HR portfolio of projects, from scoping, business case, resourcing, successful delivery, and ROI tracking. Working with senior stakeholders to ensure projects meet strategic priorities and HR future needs
• Coordinating and managing all HR requests that require Strategic Review Board approval for funding, resource and go/no-go approval
• Regular reporting to HR Leadership Team on status of all HR projects
• Be the expert in agile project management and be responsible for the tools and practices used across HR
• Accountable for ensuring the effective resource, delivery of HR projects and stated benefits are realized across all HR projects
• To apply and champion change management principles to projects and initiatives to help drive and embed change within the business and HR.
• Responsibility for the skills development of the team, creating a positive and supportive team culture.
• Responsibility for assessing and scoping new resource delivery requirements, working with PS Senior Managers to help define demand and support SL/CoE delivery, ensuring resource is balanced effectively.
• Responsible for people leadership, headcount management, budget management, recruitment, development and communications for the team, supported by PS Senior Managers
• Performance manager and coach for 3 Senior Managers.
• Play a key senior role in supporting the Head of People Operations and HR leadership team, partnering with the HRDs and their teams to deliver against People and Purpose priorities.
• Build the necessary trusted relationships with both HR wide teams and business leadership to enable the team to be respected for their role and perform effectively.
• Play a key role in ensuring consistent approaches across all service lines are applied and utilised whilst understanding and recognising the potential differences in business challenges and solutions.
• Analyse and interpret data to create relevant and meaningful insights to support project delivery and help identify and drive consistent approaches across service lines as well as recognising differences where they exist. Utilise metrics to add value to business decisions by understanding trends and making recommendations.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London, Reading, Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds or Manchester office, though we require someone who is willing to travel nationally.
This is a permanent full time opportunity, although we will consider part-time.
Your professional experience
• Proven experience of managing and leading large teams/individuals of mixed grades, coaching and developing others and developing a high performance culture.
• Ability to deal with underperformance issues sensitively and effectively at all grades.
• Excellent influencing, negotiation, communication and stakeholder management skills
• A relevant professional HR qualification and ideally project management certification
• Programme and project management experience and an ability to oversee/deliver large scale, complex projects whilst maintaining focus on client
• Able to oversee, plan and execute concurrent activities ensuring an appropriate risk management lens is applied to identify and mitigate appropriate
• A strong base line of core HR competence and experience at a Senior Manager level
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Requisition code: 181231
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.