Birmingham, , United Kingdom
300 North Limited
Leading UK Facilities Management service provider is looking for an experience Maintenance Craftsman / Handyman to join one of their contracts in North Birmingham.
* Permanent position
* £26,000 salary
* 37.5 hours a week
The role holder will report to Maintenance Manager to carry out a range of activities associated with the maintenance, repair and minor upgrade of the internal and external building fabric of the site, in accordance with good industry practice and in compliance with statutory legislation and guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on building fabric items in accordance with the PPM programme.
– Respond in a timely manner to breakdown requests.
– Manufacture and fit minor joinery items.
– Manage the site key suiting system, including the cutting of keys and the repair and replacement of locks.
– Carry out installation work involved in minor upgrading and adaptation works.
– Carry out duties in accordance with safe working practices with statutory Trust and Company guidelines.
– Safely operate all types of wood working machinery, hand and power tools in accordance with health & safety
and manufacturers’ guidelines.
– Ensure the correct use of personal protective equipment and adherence to health & safety and infection control procedures.
– Maintain records as appropriate.
– Undertake a willingness to assist and work flexibly with other trades.
– Ensure that there is minimum disruption to the Wards and Departments whilst carrying out work.
– Respond in a safe manner to the effects of bad weather, e.g. snow clearing, gritting, flooding, high winds, etc.
– Undertake training where necessary to learn other skills and to maintain and develop the requirements of the service.
– Collaborate and co-operate with partners and colleagues to deliver a customer focused service.
– Participate in Standby Operatives’ on-call rota.
– Liaise and undertake duties at other Engie projects as directed.
– Attend training as required by the business .
– Pool vehicle available.
Qualifications & Experience
– Previously worked within a maintenance environment
– Ample relevant experience in the construction / building (maintenance) industry
– Recognised Apprenticeship in relevant craft, discipline to City and Guilds level
– Must hold a full valid UK Driving License