Are you an experienced Tutor with a background in engaging and empowering young people aged 15-24? Can you help learners take actions toward social independence, further training or employment and facilitate their personal, social and educational development? Do you possess a real passion for helping young people reach their full potential?
If so, this is an exciting new opportunity for an engaging and motivating Tutor to join our growing team. You will be responsible for delivering and teaching English, Maths and Functional Skills, in addition to, Personal and Social Skills to young people, in order to provide them with the necessary skills for independent living and to prepare them for work. You will also be delivering and teaching courses to those who are currently not in Education, Employment or Training to provide them with the vocational and employability skills required to work within the following sectors; IT, Enterprise Services (Hospitality, Facilities, Retail and Customer Service) as well as Business Administration.
* Be involved with the design, delivery, evaluation and promotion of Seetec’s Skills provision.
* Prepare and deliver reports and statistical indicators as may be required.
* Gain learner feedback, through various methods, both whilst the learner is on programme and upon completion of the programme.
* Provide advice and guidance to learners on the requirements of the curriculum and assessment.
* Contribute to the development of learning materials, as appropriate, and liaise with Seetec’s relevant departments, particularly the Internal Quality Assurer and Lead Quality Assessor to establish appropriate curriculum resources.
* Assist in the recruitment, induction and assessment of learners, as required.
* Ensure appropriate quality assurance mechanisms are implemented.
* Attend Conferences and Meetings as may be required from time to time and undertake appropriate staff development.
* Undertake regular CPD activities including those set out by the Head of Department.
* Share best practice amongst other Tutors.
* Carry out any other such duties as may reasonably be required by the organisation.
Skills and Experience
* Minimum Level 3 professional teaching qualification (PTLLS teaching qualification or equivalent).
* IAG minimum level 3 qualification
* Assessor and/or verifier awards (D32 / A1 / CAVA) essential or working towards with experience of portfolio based delivery
* Functional Skills L2 English / Maths / ICT (desirable)
* Qualification and Occupational competence in vocational areas of delivery
* Experience of working with learners with LLDD
* Experience in engaging, motivating and empowering young people in a teaching and learning environment
* Experience of delivery in the classroom and workplace
* A positive and enthusiastic approach with a “can do” attitude
* Awareness of issues affecting young people in order to effectively communicate with young people.
* Experience of working with difficult and disengaged client groups in a variety of settings.
* Ability to negotiate and influence outcomes.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to liaise and network with relevant agencies (social services, local authority etc.)
* Experience of task management, setting aims and objectives and having the ability to undertake administrative tasks
* Target / results driven
* A genuine commitment to the personal and occupational success of young people
* Level 4 (or equivalent) subject specialism in either literacy, numeracy or ESOL.
* Full driving licence required with access to own vehicle (Business insurance may be required).
Salary £24,325-£28,625 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hours a week
Closing Date: 4 March 2021
In light of Covid 19 – interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams
Seetec Outsource – 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts
Seetec Outsource is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
Seetec Outsource is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.