Title: Financial Controller
Location: Coalville – Leicestershire
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 depending on experience
Well established and growing SME business is looking to recruit a Financial Controller to help steer the company through a period of growth and beyond.
The successful applicant will be an important part of the management team almost like the Managing Director's "right hand person". They will enjoy working in a fast paced family run SME and will have a commercial outlook adept at saving costs.
Running a small accounts team
• Overseeing the finance function and controls of the business
• Managing all financial controls within the business
• Liaising with banks and funders including all insurance related issues
• Participation in making strategic decisions
• Timely financial and statistical reporting
• Production of monthly management accounts
• Identifying cost reduction opportunities where possible
• Preparing budgets, forecasts, and cash flow statements for various profit centre within the business
• Dealing with the VAT and Duty within the business
• Dealing with the company’s accountants and auditors in the preparation of the year end accounts
• Variance analysis to support informative decision making
• Monthly finance reconciliations
Essential Skills and qualifications:
• An accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) and experience within a SME business
• Must possess leadership skills and be able to work on their own initiative
An entrepreneurial and commercial outlook and an eye for saving costs and adding value
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Advanced Microsoft applications skills
Desirable Skills and qualifications:
• Distribution Sector experience preferred but not essential
• Sage Accounting experience preferable but not essential
• Knowledge of IT software
• Experience with upgrading / changing IT infrastructures
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.cv-library.co.uk/job/213411479/Financial-Controller/apply?hlkw=Finance&s=101051&0→
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.