SGS United Kingdom Ltd
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.
Job Title: Field Chemist
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Average 48 hours per week
Job Location: Hull
Remuneration: As a Field Chemist, you’ll receive a salary of between £20,000 – £24,000, depending on experience, plus you’ll benefit from a 10% performance bonus private health cover after 1 years’ service, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As a Field Chemist you’ll be responsible for performing sampling and analysis safely, on time and to recognised international methods and local documented procedures.
* All testing work and reporting to be carried out as instructed by Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner and in line with the requirements of the laboratory standard ISO 17025 to ensure the retention of accreditation.
* Perform calibrations and maintain equipment in order to ensure that reported results are accurate and delivered on time in line with customer requirements.
* Demonstrate compliance to all test methods, procedures and quality systems as these are essential criteria for UKAS accreditation and SGS Laboratory practices, e.g. perform routine SQC analysis where required plot the data and apply the run rules, ensuring any failure of a run rule is recorded, investigated and the appropriate action taken
* Maintain organised and auditable systems of work to permit traceability and ensure compliance with UKAS accreditation.
* Delivery of agreed analysis to timescales and cost to enable fulfilment of contractual KPI’s and maximise profitability.
* Ensure Laboratory Management Systems (LIMS) is fully operational and utilised to ensure compliance with all test procedures, methods and quality systems, through the delivery of traceable and accurate results.
* Resolution of client enquiries in a timely and effective manner to ensure consistency of service delivery and agreed contractual obligations.
* To work in a flexible manner so that resources are aligned to workload, thus meeting customers needs for 24hr 365 day service whilst still maintaining a long term viable and competitive business for SGS.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need experience within the Oil Gas and Chemical industry with previous experience of working in a testing laboratory.
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
* Ability to carry out physically demanding work, the majority of which can be outdoors
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision whilst still delivering services to the timesacles and standards expected.
* Experience of Oil Gas and Chemicals industry related analysis encompassing a broad spectrum of methods and analysis including all routine standard testing performed.
* Previous experience of working in a testing laboratory, meeting exacting process and client demands.
* Experience of working within a UKAS laboratory
* Maths and English GCSE or equivalent, grades (A to C) as a minimum.
* Full UK driving Licence or equivalent
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.