Walters People have partnered with a leading organisation based in Central Birmingham who are looking for a Corporate Accountant on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, this position would best suit a detailed oriented candidate with the ability to work accurately under pressure and is proactive in managing ever changing workloads in a commercial environment. This is a newly created role due the continued growth of the business.
Key Responsibilities as the Corporate Accountant:
* Preparation and review of monthly management accounts, including accruals, prepayments, intercompany adjustments and balance sheet schedules for client entities
* Complete client reporting under IAS 17 and IFRS 16 accounting standards
* Complete allocated month end analysis packs ( which includes rent, rates, income and expenditure and VSR) on a trend basis and against budget/forecast
* To compile commentary for both the variance analysis pack(/s) and substantiate the balances held on the Statement of Financial Position
* To complete bank reconciliations and ensure all items meet client KPI’s
* Cash management – completion and review of cash forecasts (including working capital) and funding requests with proactive monitoring of cash levels against forecast payments and providing commentary on variances
* Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
* Deliver additional ad hoc reports as required by the client and be a key point of contact for the client
About you as the Corporate Accountant
* Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders – Surveyors, Accounting team, Rates team, Support Teams and Data Team as well as a number of people from the client
* Professional and good work ethic with an energetic approach
* Autonomy and ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to work as part of a team and contribute in a positive manner to the overall performance of the team
* Part qualified and/or experience with working in a busy and face paced finance function
* Confidence to deal with all levels of seniority
For more information about this, or other finance roles in Birmingham, please contact Robert McShane at Walters People on (url removed)
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.cv-library.co.uk/job/213440943/Corporate-Accountant/apply?hlkw=Accounting&s=101051&0→
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.