Birmingham, West Midlands, , United Kingdom
We are working with a leading high profile employer in the Retail and Leisure sector, seeking to recruit a Surveyor / Project Manager to join their in house and expanding Birmingham based team, with the aim of overseeing a wide range of projects ranging in value up to around £10m.
Working as part of a larger National team, you will lead and consult on all projects, with duties including:
• Ensuring that projects are delivered within the agreed time scales, costs and quality
• Determining requirements and preparing scheme designs with costings
• Specification of works
• Determining the condition of existing buildings and identifying and analyzing defects
• Managing project teams, comprising Architects, Engineers, Designers, Contractors etc
• Contract management and administration through the entire project
• Liaison with all stakeholders, ensuring they are consulted and concerns addressed
• Co-ordinating and monitoring Design teams, other consultants and contractors
• Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation, building regulations and DDA
• Being responsible and reactive to project emergencies
Projects will include a mix of building works and M&E.
You must be an experienced Building Surveyor / Project Manager and experience gained within the retail / leisure sector would be a distinct advantage.
The ideal candidate will be suitably professionally qualified and either be already working client side and seeking a move, or working for a consultancy and looking to move into a high profile client side role.
The role will be based in the Birmingham area but with travel to other major sites in the Midlands region.
Salary is supported by an excellent benefits package