BSV Recruitment Ltd
One of our very good clients is now looking to expand their Civil Engineering team within multiple office locations in the UK and has a wealth of experience working in a broad range of applications for both private and public sector clients. Here in Birmingham office they house a large range of disciplines supporting property and construction activities and as part of the Civil Engineering team you will help to deliver a wide range of civil engineering services under the direction of the Team Manager. This is a great opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join a great multi-disciplinary company and work on some great project.
* Production of Civil Engineering work packages relating to medium to large predominantly private development projects from initial concept through to completion
* Production of flood risk assessments (FRA’s), Drainage strategies and calculations for planning and other statutory consents
* Working closely with other disciplines on Multi-discipline projects
* Representing the company at external meetings with clients, contractors and fellow professionals
* Be responsible for delivering work to a fee and to timescales agreed with a Project Manager
* Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
* Prepare client / project proposals
* Assist in agreeing fee proposals and negotiating variations where necessary
* Build project teams from internal and external resources
* Procure project resources / specialist outworks
* Good working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3d or comparable civil engineering software
* Ability to produce complete packages of work including calculations and drawings
* Ability to distribute tasks and manage output of junior / technical staff
* Competent in the design of external works for private sites including vertical and horizontal setting out in accordance with the Building Regulations, British Standards and local authority requirements
* Familiarity with Building Information Modelling (BIM) and its application within civil engineering
* Post-graduate experience in a similar role, ideally within a private practice working on predominantly private developments
* Experience in drainage layout and modelling (foul and surface water) and private roadway design
* Good working knowledge of Micro drainage or comparable drainage design software
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.