Birmingham Business Park, Warwickshire
Solihull, West Midlands
£Competitive Plus Benefits
Our client is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. They provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Want to work with great people in modern offices and have the opportunity to progress and develop your career? Our client’s team is growing, so they are on the lookout for a passionate Business Analyst to join their team based in their Solihull office.
The purpose of the Business Analyst will be:
– To work closely with the Project Manager, Development and QA Team Leads to develop solutions for clients
– To gather information by working with customers/users/staff and translating the requirements into straightforward functional specifications, use cases and user stories
– To provide fee-earning consultancy and services relating to our client’s software and services
– To undertake requirements capture and analysis using recognised tools and translate these into clear and concise business and project documents
– To identify solutions to business issues and articulate opportunities for improvement
– To support our client’s customers during the implementation of bespoke software applications
– To conform to our client’s consultancy and development standards, practices and methodologies, contributing to deliverables throughout the software lifecycle (e.g. customer proposals, GAP analysis, requirements definition and internal and external design)
– To participate in client implementation phases, performing familiarisation activities with customers
– To define acceptance criteria and participate in quality review activities (for example, Fagan inspection, Agile estimation, peer reviews etc.)
– To author system documentation and liaise with Development Teams as required
– To prepare accurate and timely effort estimates in respect to the specification process
– To contribute to the break/fix and defect management cycles, acting as a subject expert where appropriate
Experience & Requirements
– Good interpersonal and presentation skills; must be a confident and effective communicator – both verbally and in writing
– Knowledge of the IFA (or General Insurance) industry, including processes, practices and legislature gained through direct experience
– Demonstrable aptitude for analysing business processes and software structures using a formal methodology
– A good understanding of structured data and relational database principles
– Demonstrable experience of process modelling using UML, BPMS etc.
– Experience of working to strict deadlines, both individually and as part of a team
– The ability to author data flow diagrams, entity relation diagrams, UML documents and user stories
– A clear understanding of the software development life cycle
– Willing to travel to other sites and customer premises as required
– (Desirable) Have an understanding of ASP.NET web applications
– (Desirable) Understanding MVC structures
– (Desirable) Hands-on T-SQL skills, or other exposure to Microsoft SQL Server
What’s in it for you?
– A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries
– The opportunity to be yourself
– A generous salary and matching pension scheme
– A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential
– Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance
– A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days and gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more
What are our client’s values?
They have a strong, clear vision – to be the leading provider of insurance technology software – and their values describe what makes them unique and captures the spirit that runs through everything they do.
Respect – Ownership – Collaboration – Innovation – Energy
A career with our client:
Our client believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. They believe that their diversity makes them stronger. As an equal opportunities employer, they celebrate and support everyone who works for them. They are committed to providing equal opportunities in their working practices and are proud of their inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that our client does not discriminate on any basis. Instead, they continue to actively promote equality and grow their diverse workforce for the benefit of their customers, products, the business and their people.
To apply for the role of Business Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role IT Business Analyst, Business Change Analyst, Change Project Manager, Business Transformation Analyst, Analyst, or Transformation Project Manager.