ABC Teachers is recruiting for a Teaching Assistant to support a young male on a full-time basis at a secondary school in Birmingham starting in February.
Duties will include supporting the teaching and learning, providing student support and care as well as some preparation and administrative tasks.
The suitable candidate will:
• Have an excellent understanding of working with students with Special Education Needs, particularly Autism
• Work well under the direction of the teacher with individuals giving focused one to one support
• Have an inclusive approach to education and the ability to manage any behaviours that challenge
• Have well-developed interpersonal skills to be able to relate well to a wide range of people
The school are seeking to appoint an individual who is able to work as part of a team, use their own initiative, have patience and understanding as well as a sense of humour. You will also be a kind and caring individual who is keen to join a loyal and devoted team who work hard and have high expectations of themselves and others.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates’ pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: experience working with children and young people with Special Education Needs.
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package
• Uncapped referral bonus scheme (subject to T&C)
We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Keep up to date with us on our website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : (url removed)
Facebook: https://(url removed)/ABCTEACHERS
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Charnice in our SEN team or submit your details.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.