Walters People have partnered with a leading organisation based in central Birmingham who are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis. Reporting directly into the Senior Management Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in this newly created position due to continued growth.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Management Accountant:
* Managing the sales ledger function
* To provide cover for the purchase ledger assistant as and when required
* Preparation of a monthly P&L, balance sheet and cashflow
* Interest postings and checking intercompany sheet for differences
* Helping with project reconciliations
* Accruals calculation and journal posting
* Prepayments calculation and journal posting
* Posting all bank statements
* Agreement of intercompany balances/ preparation of intercompany matrices
* Preparation of bank reconciliations and analysis of monthly cash movements
* Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
* Support the Senior Management Accountant when financial information is required
Skills required for the Assistant Management Accountant:
This role would suit a recent graduate or an AAT qualified candidate who is looking to kick start their career in finance with a minimum of 3 years’ experience and is actively studying towards a professional qualification.
* Accounting degree qualification or AAT qualified
* A keen eye for detail and the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced office environment
* Excellent communication and organisation skills and an ability to prioritise tasks
* A hands-on, flexible and adaptable approach
* Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
To express your interest in this position please apply direct or email your CV to (url removed)
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.cv-library.co.uk/job/213473704/Assistant-Management-Accountant/apply?hlkw=Accounting&s=101051&0→
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.