Birmingham, West Midlands, , United Kingdom
SALARY: £40k – £50k
LOCATION: Birmingham City Centre
Great transport links and just a few minutes’ walk from the main line railway station. You should live within daily commuting distance.
The ideal candidate will be:
Working as part of a close-knit, client focused team and you will be responsible for coordinating technical packages mainly within the education sector. Taking projects from inception through to completion, including:
* Leading technical delivery and liaising with clients from the design and briefing stage through to completion.
* Liaising with and coordinating the Design team, Contractors, Authorities and other Consultants and Specialists
* Preparing scheme proposals.
* Submitting planning applications, including preparing planning statements and planning administration.
* Co-ordinating information required to support planning applications.
* Developing drawings and specifications for building regulations applications.
* Preparing detailed construction packages, information and specifications.
* Carrying out site visits.
* Running site meetings.
* Complete contract administration
Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of current construction detailing techniques, regulations & product knowledge, you will be an experienced Architect with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in running jobs and contract administration, ideally within the education or closely related sectors.
You should also have a creative and proactive attitude to working with authorities and members of the construction team, ensuring that at all times each client is provided with an excellent level of service.
The skills and experience required of this role include:
* Qualified Architect with a minimum HND/ HNC qualification.
* The ability to lead and work within a team.
* Excellent communication / client facing skills.
* Experience of working on projects of varying scale in the education sector preferred.
* Fully proficient with current Building Regulations and British Standards.
* Excellent detailing skills.
* Advanced AutoCAD skills.
Experience working with REVIT/BIM while desirable, is not essential.
If this role is of interest to you then please do send your CV to Rebecca Page at Kenton Black