Are you looking for a new role which will be varied, challenging and rewarding? Do you have good communication skills? Are you well organized with the ability to multi task? If so this could be the role for you!
Highways England are looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice on a 2-year fixed term contract, based in our Birmingham, Manchester or Leeds office.
The team you will be joining deal with the medium and long term planning of investment opportunities across the whole Strategic Road Network.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your knowledge skills and competence in the workplace with the benefit of support from your learning provider, experienced colleagues, and the wider business. During your apprenticeship you will gain experience in all aspects of business administration and will work towards achieving a Level 3 qualification.
What you’ll be leading on
* Provide admin support to your team, diary management, dealing with enquiries, preparing and drafting communications, assisting with reports & presentations.
* Inputting and ensuring the accuracy of monthly finance actions
* Carry out a range of activities under the guidance of a line manager or mentor which support both the achievement of personal development and delivery of business requirements.
* Seek to improve processes, keeping value for money as a focus.
* Operate within and comply with our policies, procedures and values at all times.
* Maintain own learning records to ensure that all necessary development activities are undertaken.
* Support with communications sessions and preparing of material
To be successful
* Minimum of 5 GCSEs 9-4 (or equivalent), grades A* to C (new grade 4 to 9) with English and Maths at grade C/5 being two of those subjects. Or equivalent Functional Skills
* Ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner; effective listening and good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to liaise with line managers in the business to deliver against their requirements.
* Problem solving skills, with ability to prioritise critical items and identify risk
* Be a team player; continually seeking to improve and develop your own skills and the performance of the team.
* Good IT Skills, such as Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Experience of PowerPoint would be an advantage.
Want to know more?
Please find link to job description.
Why you should join us
At Highways England, safety is our number one priority. It is one of our core values, as well as a behaviour we expect from our people.
Our vision is that everyone who uses our roads, as well as those who work for us, get home, safe and well. Our Home Safe and Well approach sets out our commitments and how our employees can contribute.
Working for us, you’ll recognise the behaviours required to achieve our vision, and help create a fair and just culture for us all. You should be able to fully understand the hazards and risks that are involved in your work, and follow our procedures safely.
We want you to feel able to raise health, safety and wellbeing concerns with your colleagues, and to challenge unsafe conditions or behaviours wherever you see them. We’re always seeking to improve our performance, and want you to be at the heart of that – helping us all get home safe and well.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.