Company Information: Founded in 1866, Reynolds and Reynolds provides document and software solutions to the automotive industry. We offer solutions for each area of the dealership including parts, service, accounting, marketing and sales. Reynolds employs more than 4,300 associates worldwide. Our UK office is based in Northfield, Birmingham.
Position Description: The role is to design, develop and test software as part of a team to enhance the functionality of our applications, which allow automotive retailers to run their business. It also includes diagnosis and fixing of software faults. Other responsibilities include assisting with the ongoing development of coding standards and participating in the quality control activities undertaken in the team, such as test plan creation and code walkthroughs.
This is an opportunity to gain experience of commercial applications programming in a professional software development environment.
Requirements: Candidates must be highly motivated to work in the programming of business applications. Previous programming experience and/or a degree in Computer Science would be an advantage but these are not mandatory as full training will be given. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following:
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Project-oriented, focused on quality and delivery
• The ability to research problems and recommend solutions
• Good team worker
• Reliable and organized
• Creative and self reliant.
Benefits: We strive to offer an environment that provides our associates with the right balance between work and family. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
• 20 days holiday plus public holidays
• Group Personal Pension Plan
• Life Assurance Cover
• Company sick pay, VDU Optical Assessments, Birmingham Hospital Saturday Fund
• Childcare Vouchers
• Personal Accident Plan
• Referral Bonuses
• Company events throughout the year – company picnic, Christmas party, and participation in annual charity events